Facebook Twitter Instagram RSS Feed

DIY Snug 'N Tight Spray: Get to Sleep Quick NATURALLY

I'm a big fan of using essential oils for just about everything that ails me.  My DH calls me a hippy for it- well, that and the fact that I really hate shoes and would be completely content barefooted 99% of the time. :)  
For quite a few years I worked an off shift.  I worked all night and had to attempt to sleep all day.  It's been murder trying to get my body back into the habit of sleeping like we are meant to.  But I'm excellent now!! 

I found that Lavender, mixed with some chamomile works wonders at getting me to sleep quickly and gives me a much better quality of sleep.  I diffuse mine in my bedroom at bedtime, but here is an alternative in case you don't want to buy a diffuser or use the electricity. (Hey, someday I'll be off grid and concerned about conserving my batteries too!)

DIY Snug 'N Tight Spray

2 Tbsp. Witch Hazel

Mix it all in a glass spray bottle and mist your pillows, sheets, comforters with it before heading to bed at night.

Chamomile to calm; Lavender to relax.


Now, you may be asking, "Why a glass spray bottle?"
The answer is simple: Essential oils will eat through plastic over time.  I know it's not going to cause a leak immediately, but any dissolving at all is leaching toxins into the oils.  To me, that just defeats the entire purpose of holistic home health!  Don't you agree??

Don't have a glass spray bottle laying around?

I bet you have a glass bottle somewhere, or you can splurge on a beverage of your choice in a glass bottle to make your own... like the picture below!  Just try to keep in mind the size of the ring on the sprayer, so that it will fit when you go to switch it over. 


I hope you find this to be useful and that it works for you as well as it does for me!

Follow me on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment