Facebook Twitter Instagram RSS Feed

Why I Want A Homestead...

 Why do I want a homestead??

There are so many reasons that I do!! :)

I want to be more self-sufficient for starters.  I want to grow food and help the community be able to gain access to it at a reasonable cost.
I want to be able to help families feed themselves better, even when they do not have the means, by teaching them to garden; by allowing them to help out on my homestead in trade for food; and by giving them more hope and skills to better depend upon themselves rather than big business for their food supply.

I want to be able to teach others to preserve their harvests.  I would love to have the ability to teach others to can and dehydrate their foods in order to better preserve it even in a time of emergency.  So many people freeze all of their foods, only to lose it when the power fails.  Teaching them alternative means helps them to better prepare in case of such an event.


I want to be able to start a CSA program to help out my community.

I want enough land that I can build other housing and be able to share all that I have with others.  I would love to have enough land to build some off-the-grid cabins so that others can experience the lifestyle that I so long to have, but without the commitment that I want to put forth.

I want to raise chickens for eggs.
I want to raise a few dairy cows.
I want to raise dairy goats.
I want to raise alpacas or sheep and learn how to spin their wool into fiber.

There is so much that I want to do and that I want to be able to share with my community.

0 comments:

Post a Comment