Facebook Twitter Instagram RSS Feed

I Don't Want to Fit In... and Some Awesome Articles!!



There is so much work happening in my home/yard right now.  I officially tilled up about 40% of my yard to grow everything under the sun.  Well, not everything, but the things that I know I will eat & use all summer and can preserve for winter usage also.  I have all the normal veggies planted.

My asparagus harvest was small, but it was expected.  It started coming in and then we got a fluke frost one night that just seemed to kill it off and make it start over.  Ugh.  But, what are ya gonna do?

I had a 4 day weekend from work, and honestly, most long weekends I remember that I work harder at home than I ever do at work. LOL  It's just such mindless monotony in the shop.  I love working at home tho.  It's constant change and I see more reward than just a paycheck.  Someday I'll be able to quit my job and just homestead full time, but I don't see my DH on board with that any time soon..

I love what I do, but I wish I had more support from my city dweller hubby.  I don't want to fit in with this ideal of what we should do with our lives.  I saw a quote, and forgive me for not knowing it verbatim, but it says essentially that we buy into the idea of a mortgage and possessions that we just have to have, and then have to work to pay for the things that we don't have time to enjoy because we are at work paying for them.

I don't want to fit in with that societal "norm".  I just want to do what I want to do. 

Ok... enough with my rant.  I found some awesome posts this week that I just have to share with you all!!

14 Prepper Items To Look For At Garage Sales

This is a great article to get you ready for garage sale season.  I'm actually attempting to plan my own garage sale too.  I've realized just how much "junk" I have accumulated. LOL

bottle bird houses home design DIY Plastic Bottle Bird Residence

These are just the most adorable things!!  I was just thinking of getting some birdhouses to feed the birds in hopes that maybe they will leave me some of my harvest of strawberries & blackberries this year. (Distraction methods!!)  You can see the tutorial here.

Rhubarb Dandelion pie recipe- I bet you never knew dandelions could be so tasty! |  Montana Homesteader

This!!!
This!!

Did anyone else know THIS is a thing!???
OMG.  I cannot wait to try this one out!  I've really started the whole "foraging" movement, not that there is a lot to forage in a subdivision, but hey, gimme credit for trying, ok?

The Montana Homesteader has me SERIOUSLY excited to try this one!!

Find anything good this week??

Let me know!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment