Facebook Twitter Instagram RSS Feed

Update 7/22/14.... Pickles!! :)

Hello!!

I’m taking a little time out of my seriously hectic- and HOT- day to fill you in a bit on what’s going on here!  The garden is in full swing, and I’m starting to get into “overwhelmed” phase again this year; which is normal, and honestly, makes me happy.  (I’m a little hyper anyhow, so me + busy= Very Good!)

The cucumbers and coming on full bore, and I’ve already sliced up and eaten at least 10 of them!!  I have a few out there now that are just waiting to me made into my cucumber, feta & tomato salad.  I love a cool dinner after a hot day!  I’ve also started in on canning all of these goodies… I have 7 pints of bread & butter pickles done, complete with organic brown sugar!  I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait to eat these!!


Zucchini is in full swing, and I’m getting ready to go grab a couple to get shredded up and bake a few loaves of bread, as I was requested to do for a gal at work.  I love to do all things in the kitchen, so whipping up a few loaves for a little pocket money works wonderfully.  J

I have an AWESOME zucchini bread recipe- an old school, vintage one- using sour cream and no oil.  It’s amazing!!  I can always make it gluten-free or dairy-free in a pinch using oil instead of the sour cream, or grabbing some spelt or almond flour I keep on hand for just such requests.

If you get a second, leave me a comment.  I will gladly share any recipe, answer any question, or just chat with you anytime!!

Have a great day!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment